Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hi-Ho Cherry-O

Hidey Ho! Now I know I've been working on my kitchen for forever months but life is busy. I'm sluggishly making progress and thought that Thrifty Decor Chick's Spray Paint Linky Party would be the perfect time for me to add some splashes of color to the kitchen revamp. With all the blue, white, and gray going on in the kitchen it's been feeling a little cool in there. I'm going to be incorporating some nice wood tones eventually but I wanted some splashes of color to warm it up too!

Well, hello beautiful!

I debated between red and yellow for a while but finally decided to go with red. It'll pack the punch that I'm looking for. What is I'm spray painting exactly?


The hardware!



Now, I love Oil Rubbed Bronze as much as the next person but I wanted something different. Something a bit more retro/vintage/whimsical but most importantly fun! Perhaps the inspiration came from this picture I found eons ago when admiring other kitchens. I love the pops of red. Granted there isn't red hardware but there is a red stove!



I was too chicken to do all the knobs so I started with two from some of the cabinets we removed. I wanted to make sure I was going to like it before plunging into painting all of them.


(Sorry for the horrible picture but I don't have time to take another right now!)

I applied a couple of light coats of red and allowed ample time to dry. Then I replaced the knobs on two of the cabinet doors.


I plan to live with them for a week before I do the rest but so far I'm digging it! What do you think? Is red cabinet knobs too crazy or is it right up your alley?

[image[7].png]

2 comments: