Monday, April 4, 2011

Raining on Sunday

Actually didn't rain at all this Sunday but some of the painting I did around the house made me think of that song. I finally bought the paint for the kitchen! It's called Rainwater by Martha Stewart. After painting our living room with her color called Salvia I think I am hooked! Both of these colors are so beautiful. I haven't had a chance to paint the kitchen walls yet but there was one place I was able to test it out. Remember this?...


This is what the inside of the cabinet looked like after the recommended two bond coats. Obviously that wasn't going to cut it. After realizing that I was going to have to do five coats on the cabinets (Yes, I did say five!) I decided to paint the inside of the cabinet a color rather than using my bonding coat from Rustoleum's Cabinet Transformation kit. Here's how the inside of the cabinet is looking now.


I l-o-v-e it! In my eyes it reads a bit blue, green, and gray which is exactly what I wanted. I can't wait to see it on the walls but there are a few things that need to be down before that can happen. I've made a lot of progress on the cabinets. Most have all five coats but need the protective coat still. Once I've applied the protective coat I'm going to take on the walls. I'm anxious to see how the brick wall looks once it's painted!

What do you think of my new colored cabinet? Have you tried Martha's paint line yet? I hope you had a lovely weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment